Back by popular demand, I've recorded another Squarespace video tutorial!
This video address a question I get asked a lot as a web designer/developer. People will begin with a website on Squarespace by choosing a template but from there, they aren't sure how to set up a blog.
Get excited because it's way easier than you might have thought!
I'm showing you how to get a blog started on Squarespace using the Harris template.
Note: want to watch more of my Squarespace video tutorials? I've linked to them at the bottom of the post or you can head over to my Youtube channel to binge them here. #aintnoshame
How to set up a blog on a Squarespace website
In this video, you will learn:
- how to set up a blog on a Squarespace website
- the basics of blogging with Squarespace
Setting up a blog
Setting up a blog in Squarespace is very easy. Here's how it's done:
In the Home menu, click Pages
- To add a Blog page, click the + icon and select Blog from the New Page menu
- Name your Blog page
Adding a blog post
Once you have your new blog added, it's time to start blogging! This is done by adding new blog posts.
- In the Blog panel, click the + icon to add a new post
- Add content (i.e., title, text, images, etc.)
- Add categories and tags
- Enable/disable comments
- Configure the Options tab (thumbnail, post URL, excerpt, etc.)
Save or publish a blog post
All blog posts are initially saved as Drafts. When you’re done editing a post, you can:
- Click Save to save the post and keep it as a draft
- Click Save & Publish to save the post and publish it now
- Schedule the post to self-publish in the future
- Label it as Needs Review
- Revert to Draft
See how easy it is to set up a blog and begin blogging with Squarespace? Give it a try today!
Setting up a blog on your Squarespace website isn't hard and once you've got it up and running, you're all set to start blogging! Follow the steps in this tutorial and you can have your new Squarespace blog live in minutes.
Now it's your turn to tell me, does your website have a blog? Have you set up a blog on Squarespace? Was it easy or did you have any trouble? I'd love to know so leave me a note in the comments!
MORE SQUARESPACE VIDEO TUTORIALS
- How to disable the escape key login on your Squarespace website
- How to add related posts to the bottom of Squarespace blog posts
- How to connect social media accounts to your Squarespace website
- How to easily find out which Squarespace template a website is using
- How to update and edit banner images in Squarespace
Interested in learning more about what it takes to get a website up and running? Sign up for my free 7 day e-course!
Get started with the free email course and have your website up and running in no time!
Ever dreamed of launching your own Squarespace website, but aren't sure where to start?
This free email course will teach you everything you need to know!
Sign up now and get lesson one delivered straight to your inbox!