How to disable the escape key login on your Squarespace website - video tutorial
Back by popular demand we have another Squarespace video tutorial to add to the vault!
Today I'm going to show you how to disable the escape key long in on your Squarespace website.
Before we begin, you might be like WTF does that even mean. My friend, to that I say "watch the video and see what I'm talking about" before you freak out that you don't understand technology!
I'll show you what happens when the escape key login is ENABLED (which is the Squarespace default) and explain why you would want to disable it. I'll also show you exactly how to disable the escape key login and I know you'll be thrilled at how easy it is to implement this tip!
Note: if you want to see more Squarespace video tutorials, be sure to check them out at the bottom of this post
What does escape key login mean?
The Squarespace default setting is that when you're on a Squarespace website, you can hit the escape key and you'll get one of two results:
- if you're already logged into your Squarespace account, you'll be taken directly to the back end of your Squarespace website portal
- if you aren't logged in, you'll be taken to the Squarespace login page for your website's back end
Now, if you run a website of any type (business, personal, blog, etc.) I'm going to guess that you do NOT want this to happen!
For one thing, it's not very professional if visitors to your site accidentally end up on your login page. Awkward, right?
Secondly, it could open you up to more login attempts which could risk your website's security. #doomandgloom
For those reasons, along with a whack of others, I'm going to show you how to disable the escape key login in three simple steps.
How to disable the escape key login on your Squarespace website
As you can see in the video above, it's super easy to disable the escape key login on your Squarespace website!
Here are the steps:
- Log into your Squarespace website
- Click Settings
- Click Advanced
- Click Escape Key
- Uncheck Enable Login with Escape Key
Et voila! All done.
Disabling the escape key login on your Squarespace website is a quick fix that will improve user experience on your website and also protect it from unwanted login attempts from random internet people. It's something you might not even have known existed but I hope that after watching my video tutorial, you'll feel like even YOU can make this simple (but worthwhile) change to your website!
Now it's your turn to tell me if you've already disabled the escape key login on your Squarespace website? Did you even know this was a thing? If you have already made the change, how did you find it? I'd love to know so leave me a note in the comments!
MORE SQUARESPACE TUTORIAL VIDEOS
- How to disable the escape key login on your Squarespace website
- How to add Pin It buttons to your Squarespace website
- How to add and style a popup on your Squarespace website
- How to add and customize a form on your Squarespace website
- How to add and customize a Squarespace announcement bar
- How to name photos for increased SEO in Squarespace
- How to add and remove pages from the navigation in Squarespace
- 4 Squarespace templates I recommend for business websites
- How to add videos to your Squarespace website
- How to use tags and categories in your Squarespace blog
- Favicons: how to create one in Canva and upload it to your Squarespace website
- How to set up a blog on a Squarespace website
- How to add related posts to the bottom of Squarespace blog posts
- How to connect social media accounts to your Squarespace website
- How to easily find out which Squarespace template a website is using
- How to update and edit banner images in Squarespace
LAUNCH YOUR BEST SITE - FREE ECOURSE
Interested in learning more about what it takes to get a website up and running? Sign up for my free 7 day e-course!