No matter what type of website you run, you probably have a blog section (here's why).
Blogs are incredibly powerful tools that support your business in many ways. They can be used to drive traffic to your website, share your thoughts and ideas with your audience, add commentary about important industry issues, conduct interview with experts in your field, highlight product or services features, build SEO, and so much more.
But while it's one thing to create awesome content for your blog, it's another thing to set up your blog correctly.
One thing that I see many people doing on their websites is that they don't set up tags and categories in their blog posts. They are missing out on a simple but important step that takes only seconds to set up! Don't let that be you. If you're going to blog, do it properly and get better results.
I've created a short video tutorial to go along with this post to show you how easy it is to use tags and categories in your Squarespace blog posts.
Let's get started!
Note: want to watch more of my Squarespace video tutorials? I've linked to them at the bottom of this post or you can head over to my Youtube channel to binge them now. #aintnoshame
How to use tags and categories in your Squarespace blog posts
In this video you will learn:
- How to use tags and categories in new Squarespace blog posts
- How to use tags and categories in existing Squarespace blog posts
- How to remove a tag or category from a Squarespace blog post
Tags and categories in Squarespace blog posts
If you watched the video above, you saw how easy it is to use tags and categories in Squarespace blog posts!
Here are the steps:
- From the Home menu, click Pages then either create a new blog post or select an existing blog post to edit
- In the bottom left corner of the post editor, click the + icon next to either Tags or Categories. You can either click an existing tag or category, or start typing a new tag/category to add a new one.
- Click Save to save your new tags and categories
Remember you can easily remove a tag or category by clicking the little X at the corner of the tag/category.
Tags and categories are an important part of any blog post so they should not be overlooked. Whether you're blogging on Squarespace or another platform, you should always include tags and categories with your blog posts so that your content is organized and visitors can easily find similar content.
Be sure to watch the video above to see how easy it is to use tags and categories in your Squarespace blog post!
Now it's your turn to tell me if you use tags and categories in your blog posts? Do you find it easy to do on a platform like Squarespace? Have you ever had to add or remove tags or categories from your blog posts? I'd love to know so leave me a note in the comments!
MORE SQUARESPACE VIDEO TUTORIALS
- How to disable the escape key login on your Squarespace website
- Favicons: how to create one in Canva and upload it to your Squarespace website
- How to set up a blog on a Squarespace website
- How to add related posts to the bottom of Squarespace blog posts
- How to connect social media accounts to your Squarespace website
- How to easily find out which Squarespace template a website is using
- How to update and edit banner images in Squarespace
Interested in learning more about what it takes to get a website up and running? Sign up for my free 7 day e-course!
Get started with the free email course and have your website up and running in no time!
Ever dreamed of launching your own Squarespace website, but aren't sure where to start?
This free email course will teach you everything you need to know!
Sign up now and get lesson one delivered straight to your inbox!