How to add videos to your Squarespace website - video tutorial
If you're on the fence about including videos in your website, I'm here to tell you to stop hesitating and add 'em today!
Adding videos to your website increase engagement and does a better job at keeping visitors on your page. Sound great, right?
Videos can be used in lots of different ways on your website but the experts agree, videos are a great feature for many reasons:
- they enhance website content
- they engage your audience with your brand
- they can be used to support products or services
- they differentiate your website from others in your niche
Now that I've convinced you to start adding videos to your website, you might not be sure where to start and how to do that. Don't worry, my friend, I've got you covered!
I've created a short video tutorial to go along with this post to show you how easy it is to add a video to your Squarespace website.
Let's get started!
Note: want to watch more of my Squarespace video tutorials? I've linked to them at the bottom of this post or you can head over to my Youtube channel to binge them now. #aintnoshame
How to add videos to your Squarespace website
In this video you will learn:
- How to add a video to your Squarespace website
- The different ways you can add video to your Squarespace sites (video blocks, gallery blocks, gallery pages, cover pages, and as banners for certain templates)
- How to get the YouTube URL to embed in a Squarespace video block
Using Squarespace video blocks
If you watched the video above, you saw how easy it is to use Video blocks to add a (YouTube) video to your Squarespace website. While you can add videos to your site in several ways, this video tutorial shows you how to use the video block in a Squarespace blog post (or page), .
Here's how it's done:
- Open the Blog Post or Page you want to add a video to
- Click the insert button and select Video
- Go to your video (e.g., YouTube) and copy the URL, usually through the Share area
- Paste that URL into the Squarespace video editor block and click Save
Remember you can upload a custom thumbnail or edit the video's description from within the Video Block Editor!
Videos are great ways to improve or support the content of your website! Whether you're looking to add video into a blog post or a webpage, Squarespace makes the process simple and painless.
Be sure to watch the video above to see how easy it is to add videos to your Squarespace website!
Now it's your turn to tell me if you've ever added videos to your Squarespace website? Do you usually include them in blog posts? Have you ever added them to particular webpages? What about any other ways not covered by this tutorial? I'd love to know so leave me a note in the comments!
MORE SQUARESPACE VIDEO TUTORIALS
- How to disable the escape key login on your Squarespace website
- How to use tags and categories in your Squarespace blog
- Favicons: how to create one in Canva and upload it to your Squarespace website
- How to set up a blog on a Squarespace website
- How to add related posts to the bottom of Squarespace blog posts
- How to connect social media accounts to your Squarespace website
- How to easily find out which Squarespace template a website is using
- How to update and edit banner images in Squarespace
Interested in learning more about what it takes to get a website up and running? Sign up for my free 7 day e-course!
Get started with the free email course and have your website up and running in no time!
Ever dreamed of launching your own Squarespace website, but aren't sure where to start?
This free email course will teach you everything you need to know!
Sign up now and get lesson one delivered straight to your inbox!