How to link to an email address in Squarespace - video tutorial
A super quick and easy video tutorial coming at you, my friend!
Today's topic isn't super fancy or technical but it's something that I know many of you struggle with if you are new to the world of web design/development and setting up a Squarespace website for the first time.
In this video tutorial, I'm going to show you how to link to an email address on your Squarespace website!
Let's use the example in the video, where I show you a Contact page that instructs people to send you an email. This is a real-life situation where you would want that text to be a link that opens up to send an email, and I'm here to show you how easily you can set that up - no coding required!
If you've ever wondered how to link to an email address on your website but weren't sure how to do it (because it isn't super obvious, I know), then this video tutorial will help you out!
Note: want to watch more of my Squarespace video tutorials? I've linked to them at the bottom of this post or you can head over to my Youtube channel to binge them now. #aintnoshame
How to link to an email address in Squarespace
In this video you will learn:
- How link to an email address
- How to set that link to open in a new OR existing tab/window
Linking to an email address
- Select the page/post you want to edit (e.g., on the Contact page, as seen in my video tutorial) and open the page editor
- Highlight the text you want to link and click the Link icon
- In the External tab, type "mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Either select or keep unchecked the section that says "Open in New Window"
As you can see, there's no crazy coding required to link to an email address if you have a Squarespace website! While it's not obvious from the get-go how to do this, I hope this video shows you that it's not hard and that you can set it up in literally 30 seconds.
Whether you're adding a link to an email address on your Contact page or another page/post on your site, this is a great feature that you can use wherever applicable.
Now it's your turn to tell me, have you linked to an email address on your website? Do you include this feature on your Contact page or do you require any communications to come in via the Squarespace form instead? Did you already know how to do this or is this a new trick to add to your mental knowledgebase of Squarespace tricks? I'd love to know so leave me a note in the comments!
MORE SQUARESPACE TUTORIAL VIDEOS
- How to disable the escape key login on your Squarespace website
- How to add and style a button in Squarespace
- How to add and customize a Squarespace announcement bar
- How to name photos for increased SEO in Squarespace
- How to add and remove pages from the navigation in Squarespace
- 4 Squarespace templates I recommend for business websites
- How to add videos to your Squarespace website
- How to use tags and categories in your Squarespace blog
- Favicons: how to create one in Canva and upload it to your Squarespace website
- How to set up a blog on a Squarespace website
- How to add related posts to the bottom of Squarespace blog posts
- How to connect social media accounts to your Squarespace website
- How to easily find out which Squarespace template a website is using
- How to update and edit banner images in Squarespace
LAUNCH YOUR BEST SITE - FREE ECOURSE
Interested in learning more about what it takes to get a website up and running? Sign up for my free 7 day e-course!