How to add a search box to your Squarespace website - video tutorial
When it comes to designing a website, many people overlook the importance web usability. If the goal is to make it as easy as possible for visitors to access important information, we must give a shoutout to the (under appreciated) search box. Many websites are missing a search box and this is no bueno! Luckily for you, it's a quick fix that packs a major punch.
There are two common places that visitors expect to see a search box, and that is in the footer and on the blog page. If your website doesn't have a search box yet, take this tutorial as a hint that you should add one today! It might make sense to add a search box to one or both of these locations - the choice is totally up to you and how you can best serve your audience.
This video tutorial will tell you why it's so important to have a search box on your website, and will show you how to add a search box to your site's footer and blog page.
Note: want to watch more of my Squarespace video tutorials? I've linked to them at the bottom of this post or you can head over to my Youtube channel to binge them now. #aintnoshame
How to add a search box to your Squarespace website
In this video you will learn:
- Two common places on your website where you can add a search box
- How to add a search box to the footer of your website (to search content from your entire website)
- How to add a search box to the blog page of your website (to search content only from blog posts)
Video tutorial shows a demo website built on the Bedford template.
If you want to add a search box to your website so that it's easier for visitors to find the content they're looking for, this video tutorial will help you out! You can add a search box to the bottom of your website to search content from your entire site, or set one up on the blog post to search specifically through blog posts. Both are great options!
Adding search boxes to your website is a great way to improve user experience since it makes it even easier for visitors to find the information they're looking for. Visitors often expect a search box in the website's footer and will go there first if they're looking for specific content. By adding a search box to the website's footer, you'll make it even easier for them to find what they're searching. Adding a search box to your website's blog page is a great way to let visitors search through blog posts/articles, especially if you have lots of content.
Be sure to watch my video above to see how easy it is to add a search box to your Squarespace website!
Now it's your turn to tell me, does your website have a search box? If so, where have you included it? Was this part of your initial web design or did you add it in later to improve user experience? I'd love to know so leave me a note in the comments!
MORE SQUARESPACE TUTORIAL VIDEOS
- How to disable the escape key login on your Squarespace website
- How to add and remove pages from the navigation in Squarespace
- 4 Squarespace templates I recommend for business websites
- How to add videos to your Squarespace website
- How to use tags and categories in your Squarespace blog
- Favicons: how to create one in Canva and upload it to your Squarespace website
- How to set up a blog on a Squarespace website
- How to add related posts to the bottom of Squarespace blog posts
- How to connect social media accounts to your Squarespace website
- How to easily find out which Squarespace template a website is using
- How to update and edit banner images in Squarespace
LAUNCH YOUR BEST SITE - FREE ECOURSE
Interested in learning more about what it takes to get a website up and running? Sign up for my free 7 day e-course!